Lyric sheets Martin Newell In the week several rock stars probably went on holiday...
Friday 19 July 1996
What do pop stars do for their vacations?
Where d'you go if everywhere's your home
And you've spare pyjamas
Both in France and the Bahamas
Plus some stand-by underpants in Rome?
What if drink and drugs are part of working
And the job dictates that you be strange?
Do you sip Wincarnis
Til you've got yourself in harness
Or d'you go to Butlins for a change?
And if Jarvis holidays in Sheffield
Does he prove fame's not gone to his head
When he writes, "Dear Mum,
I'm arriving with a chum
After tea we'll creosote the shed."
What does Iggy Pop do for excitement?
How do the Blue Nile get laid back?
Would you catch George Michael
In the garage with his cycle
Cinching up the panniers to his rack?
What if you're a jaded rock and roller
Used to dating supermodel molls?
Would Naomi Campbell
Brook a bracing moorland ramble
Or succumb to Scarborough for her hols?
Does the average pop star take it easy?
Is he any different to you?
Does he keep his eye in
With a bit of d.i.y.ing
No. He goes abroad to drink and screw
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Question Time's 'passionate highlander' is the William Wallace of the Better Together campaign
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories