Lyric sheets: The Death of Elvis
Friday 11 July 1997
On the end of a Fool's Gold sandwich
At the bottom of Lonely Street
The King lay down in a golden gown
His courtiers at his feet
As a million televisions
Proclaimed that he was dead
The flapping stew of vultures grew
Around the royal bed
And this is what they said:
"He liked his food and firearms
A pig he was for sex
Took shots and pills for all his ills
Wore nappies for his kex
His blood was Coca-Cola
His heart was crystal meth
Ate Dilaudid for breakfast
Which likely caused his death."
And it's one for the money
Two for the money
Three for the money
And more for the money ...
And all this necrophilia
May never mean a thing
As fans of Elvis Presley,
Remember him as King
An antidote to Bing.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin