movers & shakers
Tuesday 07 October 1997
James Stevenson has been elected to the board of directors at Digital Equipment. Stevenson is sales director for Digital UK and Ireland. Before joining Digital he was director of marketing for Hewlett-Packard's UK computer systems organisation.
Geoff Morris has been appointed chairman of InterForum, the non- profit organisation that educates businesses on the commercial advantages of using networking, intranet, Internet and communications technology. Morris is founding chief executive of Cambridge Positioning Systems.
Esprit Telecom Group has named Nick Pellew as chief marketing officer. Prior to joining Esprit Telecom, Pellew was marketing director for Video- tron Holdings.
Telia UK has appointed Geoffrey Saunders finance director. Saunders was previously managing director of Escom.
Romtec has appointed Bena Basudev as research analyst to its mobile markets team. Basudev joins Romtec from Max Mobil.
Micom Communications has appointed Andrew Flatley as international channel manager. Previously, Flatley was regional manager for Eastern Europe at Racal Datacom.
Appointment announcements should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations