British hitmaker Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" retakes the number one spot from late British singer Amy Winehouse in the Last.fm international singles chart the week of July 31-August 7. Also American indie act Foster the People returns to the top ten with the hit "Pumped Up Kicks."
Adele's massive international hit "Rolling in the Deep" claims 41,776 listeners this week, compared to 44,523 listeners last week. "Set Fire to the Rain" - another hit from her sophomore album, 21 - jumps eight slots into number two this week with 24,750 listeners.
Also Los Angeles pop band Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" climbs 11 slots into fourth place with 23,338 listeners. The track released last year in North America and reached number one in alternative album charts in the US and Canada, and it was released in the UK as a digital download earlier this summer.
Last.fm's top tracks for July 31-August 7:
1. Adele - "Rolling in the Deep" (41,776 listeners) (+1)
2. Adele - "Set Fire to the Rain" (24,750 listeners) (+8)
3. Amy Winehouse - "Back to Black" (24,177 listeners) (-2)
4. Foster the People - "Pumped Up Kicks" (23,338 listeners) (+11)
5. Adele - "Someone Like You" (22,916 listeners) (+7)
6. Katy Perry - "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) (21,706 listeners) (+7)
7. Lady Gaga - "Judas" (20,527 listeners) (+7)
8. Lady Gaga - "The Edge of Glory" (19,878 listeners) (+8)
9. Amy Winehouse - "You Know I'm No Good" (19,867 listeners) (-6)
10. Amy Winehouse - "Rehab" (19,704 listeners) (-6)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for desktop computer users in the UK, the US, and Germany; mobile devices require a subscription of €3 a month to stream music.
Using a system called "scrobbling," Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to through the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.
Watch Foster the People perform "Pumped Up Kicks": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av2e