Apple to make iTunes announcement on Tuesday
Monday 15 November 2010
Apple plans to make an iTunes-related announcement on Tuesday.
The California gadget-maker said there would be "an exciting announcement from iTunes" at 7:00 am Pacific time (1500 GMT) on Tuesday but declined to reveal any further details.
"Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget," said an Apple teaser for the announcement on the home page of Apple.com.
Apple launched the latest version of its online entertainment store, iTunes 10, in September along with a music-centered social network, Ping.
According to Apple, more than one million users joined Ping in the 48 hours following its launch.
Ping, available as a free download at itunes.com, allows users to view photos and videos of their favorite musicians and receive information about concert dates.
Ping users can also connect with friends online to discuss albums and songs and make musical recommendations.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
FestivalsFive ways to avoid the portable toilets
Jurassic WorldThe results are completely brilliant
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Should Apple buy Greece?
- 2 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 3 Drummer Lee Rigby's family reject 'extremist' groups using Woolwich murder for political gain
- 4 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 5 Fox News anchor asks 'what's to prevent' three people from marrying after same-sex marriage legalised
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato