Brandon Flowers of The Killers confirms solo album
Brandon Flowers, lead singer of Las Vegas post-punk revival band The Killers, has confirmed the release of his first solo album, titled
Flamingo. Both The Killers' and Flowers's websites are now featuring a clip of a song from the album and invite fans to sign up for email updates.
In a recent Twitter post, the band alluded to upcoming news, telling followers to check the website for "big updates." Only the album's title has been announced so far.
The Killers have sold more than five million albums in the US, 4.5 million albums in the UK, and 15 million worldwide. The band's most recent album, 2008's Day & Age, peaked at number one on album charts in the UK, Greece, Ireland, and Norway and made the top ten in the US, Australia, and ten additional countries.
Flamingo will mark the start of Flowers's solo career.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 David Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.