Brandon Flowers of The Killers confirms solo album
Friday 30 April 2010
Brandon Flowers, lead singer of Las Vegas post-punk revival band The Killers, has confirmed the release of his first solo album, titled
Flamingo. Both The Killers' and Flowers's websites are now featuring a clip of a song from the album and invite fans to sign up for email updates.
In a recent Twitter post, the band alluded to upcoming news, telling followers to check the website for "big updates." Only the album's title has been announced so far.
The Killers have sold more than five million albums in the US, 4.5 million albums in the UK, and 15 million worldwide. The band's most recent album, 2008's Day & Age, peaked at number one on album charts in the UK, Greece, Ireland, and Norway and made the top ten in the US, Australia, and ten additional countries.
Flamingo will mark the start of Flowers's solo career.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
What are the worst 'Word Crimes'?
Hercules, review: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson takes centre stage in preposterous film
Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
Noel Fielding's 'Luxury Comedy': A land of the outright bizarre
Can Secret Cinema sell 80,000 'Back to the Future' tickets?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia