Brandon Flowers of The Killers confirms solo album
Friday 30 April 2010
Brandon Flowers, lead singer of Las Vegas post-punk revival band The Killers, has confirmed the release of his first solo album, titled
Flamingo. Both The Killers' and Flowers's websites are now featuring a clip of a song from the album and invite fans to sign up for email updates.
In a recent Twitter post, the band alluded to upcoming news, telling followers to check the website for "big updates." Only the album's title has been announced so far.
The Killers have sold more than five million albums in the US, 4.5 million albums in the UK, and 15 million worldwide. The band's most recent album, 2008's Day & Age, peaked at number one on album charts in the UK, Greece, Ireland, and Norway and made the top ten in the US, Australia, and ten additional countries.
Flamingo will mark the start of Flowers's solo career.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 3 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 4 Why you're almost certainly more like your father than your mother
- 5 Westboro Baptist Church couldn't picket Leonard Nimoy's funeral because they didn't know where it was
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'
Ex-head of MI6: 'We shouldn't kid ourselves that Russia is on a path to democracy'
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests