Barometer: Phoenix, Camera Obscura; Peter Gabriel; Madlib; Paulo Nutini; St Vincent
What's hot on our play list
Friday 22 May 2009
Phoenix, Love Like a Sunset
This sprawling epic is a haunting counterpoint to the poppier elements of their new album
Camera Obscura, My Maudlin Career
A perfect slice of melancholy Scottish indie pop from band's latest album of the same name
Peter Gabriel, The Book of Love
TV show Scrubs used this lovely, strings-laden cover of a Magnetic Fields song for the closing musical montage of its latest series
Swirling instrumental hip hop from the producer's 2008 tribute to J Dilla
Paulo Nutini, 10/10
Caledonian soul blue-beat from the boy blessed with a voice old before his time
St Vincent, The Stranger
Spooky, kooky and altogether great pop tones
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Robin Thicke admits he did not write 'Blurred Lines'
Colin Firth and Emma Stone on starring in Magic in the Moonlight: Woody Allen's 1920s romance
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
Pharrell Williams says 'Blurred Lines' criticism is 'out of context'
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes