Barometer: Yeah Yeah Yeahs; Slum Village; Beth Jeans Houghton; Passion Pit; Free Energy; Tempa T
Friday 29 May 2009
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Heads Will Roll
The rousing second single from the New Yorkers' third album, "It's Blitz!" Bound to be a dance-floor filler for the summer.
Slum Village feat. Marsha Ambrosius, Cloud 9
The former Floetry songstress tag-teams with the SV boys to flutter her chops on this soulfully hip mix.
Beth Jeans Houghton, Sweet Tooth Bird
Blissful swirls of arpeggiating harpsichord meet floaty vocals in this mesmerising slice of pysch folk.
Passion Pit, Make Light
Chirpy opening track from the debut LP, Manners, by these Massachusetts-born purveyors of falsetto-based electronica.
Free Energy, Dream City
Handclaps, chants, guitars and the DFA label. What else do you need?
Tempa T, Next Hype
Pulsating and angry UK grime.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >