Blues festival of the week: Bluesfest 2013, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7
Friday 25 October 2013
Kicking off on Tuesday in high gear with Tedeschi Trucks Band with special guest Mavis Staples, followed by a set from Bobby Womack, a fearsome Bluesfest line-up piles up with sets from Van Morrison and Gregory Porter (Wed), Robert Plant's Sensational Space Shifters (Thur), plus closing night all-star tributes to Bobby Bland and Ronnie Wood with Mick Taylor bowing at the waist to Jimmy Reed.
Alongside the night-time highlights, a £10 strolling ticket gets you to intimate daytime sessions and Q&As with Dr Feelgood, Georgie Fame, Matt Schofield, Marcus Bonfanti, Liane Carroll and more.
0844 844 0444; bluesfest.co.uk; Tuesday to Friday
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia