Blues festival of the week: Bluesfest 2013, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7
Friday 25 October 2013
Kicking off on Tuesday in high gear with Tedeschi Trucks Band with special guest Mavis Staples, followed by a set from Bobby Womack, a fearsome Bluesfest line-up piles up with sets from Van Morrison and Gregory Porter (Wed), Robert Plant's Sensational Space Shifters (Thur), plus closing night all-star tributes to Bobby Bland and Ronnie Wood with Mick Taylor bowing at the waist to Jimmy Reed.
Alongside the night-time highlights, a £10 strolling ticket gets you to intimate daytime sessions and Q&As with Dr Feelgood, Georgie Fame, Matt Schofield, Marcus Bonfanti, Liane Carroll and more.
0844 844 0444; bluesfest.co.uk; Tuesday to Friday
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans