Cultural Life: Donny Osmond, musician
Thursday 24 January 2013
I do go back to listen to the album Somewhere in Time that Gary Barlow produced for me and I loved the new Maroon 5 album, Overexposed. You know how a lot of people said that they couldn't beat their first? I kind of like this new album because it does sound typically Maroon 5, but Adam Levine's voice is fantastic, with not – I hope – too much auto tuning. I also love Stevie Wonder and Luther Vandross. He was a good friend of mine. And I like Muse.
I loved the latest Bond film, Skyfall. Daniel Craig is the best Bond to date. Sorry Sean! He was always my favourite until Daniel came along.
I'm always watching the Discovery Channel because I love to learn. I also watch the X Factor and Pop Idol, but it bothers me that we have what we call 30-second performers. I come from the days when you had to hold an audience for one-and-a-half hours.
Nail It Then Scale It is about how to be successful, how to get around negativity and how to take your ideas and bring them to fruition. It's what I have done all my life. You have to keep changing with the times and keep reinventing yourself.
Donny Osmond tours the UK as part of the Donny and Marie Live Tour until 2 February.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget