Cultural Life: Lethal Bizzle, rapper
Friday 08 January 2010
I like Calvin Harris's album 'Ready for the Weekend'. It's a party from start to finish – a total disco record. David Guetta's song "Sexy Chick" is brilliant, too. I've been listening to some old-school acid house, too.
I just got 50 Cent's book, 'The 50th Law'. I haven't had time to read it properly yet, but I have been skimming through it. There are some really powerful things in there. I relate to him because we come from a similar world, where there are not a lot of opportunities, and he manages to turn every situation into a huge positive.
I'm more of an old-school film guy usually, but the last film I saw was Jay-Z's movie 'Fade to Black'. It's a movie documenting him making his last album and performing his last concert before he was going to retire. It gives you an insight into how normal the guy is. I watched the Iron Maiden movie 'Flight 666', about them touring the world. They went to 20 countries in six weeks.
My favourite programme is 'Dragons' Den' – it's quite hilarious. You get some strange guys on there. I'm also a big 'EastEnders' fan.
Lethal Bizzle's album 'Go Hard' is out now on Search & Destroy
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 3 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 4 Rampaging elephant smashes up house but then 'saves crying baby trapped under debris'
- 5 Ian Wright breaks down in ITV documentary charting his rise to Arsenal and England striker