Cultural Life: Lethal Bizzle, rapper
Friday 08 January 2010
I like Calvin Harris's album 'Ready for the Weekend'. It's a party from start to finish – a total disco record. David Guetta's song "Sexy Chick" is brilliant, too. I've been listening to some old-school acid house, too.
I just got 50 Cent's book, 'The 50th Law'. I haven't had time to read it properly yet, but I have been skimming through it. There are some really powerful things in there. I relate to him because we come from a similar world, where there are not a lot of opportunities, and he manages to turn every situation into a huge positive.
I'm more of an old-school film guy usually, but the last film I saw was Jay-Z's movie 'Fade to Black'. It's a movie documenting him making his last album and performing his last concert before he was going to retire. It gives you an insight into how normal the guy is. I watched the Iron Maiden movie 'Flight 666', about them touring the world. They went to 20 countries in six weeks.
My favourite programme is 'Dragons' Den' – it's quite hilarious. You get some strange guys on there. I'm also a big 'EastEnders' fan.
Lethal Bizzle's album 'Go Hard' is out now on Search & Destroy
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 2 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results