Cultural Life: Sarah Chang, violinist
Friday 09 October 2009
I finally bought Lady Gaga's album! It is so much fun and makes me get up and dance every single time I hear a song.
It's really hard keeping up with my favourite shows, as I am constantly travelling. Friends often buy me DVD sets of my favourite shows. I love "Entourage" and I think Jeremy Piven is phenomenal. My little brother texts me updates when I'm on the road and miss a show.
I recently watched "The Graduate" for the first time. I can't believe it took me this long . I also saw "An Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant, and was crying my eyes out by the end. What a beautiful movie. My brother also dragged me to see "Transformers 2" over the summer.
I am currently reading John Grisham's "The Broker". I am determined to get myself a Kindle, an electronic book, which will reduce the number of books I carry on long-haul flights.
I was in The Hague recently and visited The Mauritshuis where Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring" is housed. It's absolutely breathtaking.
'Bruch and Brahms Violin Concertos' on EMI Classics is out now
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers