Fantasy band: Connan Mockasin
'I don't want a flashy bass player'
Guitar - Jimi Hendrix
I actually got into him when I was about nine years old. I was watching the Steven Seagal movie Under Siege with my parents and his music came on one of the scenes. I thought it was amazing and mum told me it was a man called Jimi Hendrix. She got me the record out of the cupboard and it got me so excited.
Bass - Elvis
He played the bass so he should be ok, but I want him more for his backing vocals. I think he's such a great performer and I love his voice. He can just do simple bass playing, nothing too fancy. I don't want a flashy bass player for this. I don't like flashy bass playing.
Vocals - Michael Jackson
This is getting very obvious isn't it? But they are the best people! He'd be perfect up front. My first CD I ever got was Off the Wall. Dangerous is probably my favourite album though.
Drums - Ade
He's a brilliant drummer from America. Really mesmerising. He's very old now but played for a lot of groups. He was quite a jazzy player. My friend showed me footage of him online. Everyone is so well known, it's nice to put someone who's not that well known in the group.
Connan Mockasin's album, 'Caramel', is out now. He tours the UK next January
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Question Time's 'passionate highlander' is the William Wallace of the Better Together campaign
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories