Fantasy Band: Tom Vek
Drums: Yuval Gabay
For the backbone of my fantasy band I'd pick Soul Coughing drummer Yuval. All his grooves endlessly bounce along with extra detail and subtlety that makes most other drummers sound like swingless metronomes.
Double Bass: Jon Thorne
Lamb's first two albums mesmerised me. Thorne's bombastic, sleazy bass would form the brooding musical foundation of the band.
Guitar: Jeff Buckley
Celebrated as a singer, Buckley was also a phenomenal guitarist. He'd lay down mournful chords one moment and tear up a solo the next.
Piano: Tori Amos
Amos plays like she has ADD. Her deep tonal webs would result in some rad middle eights and outros.
Vocals: Mike Patton
The slicked-back-hair charmer from post-metal-thesps Faith No More has the capability to be screaming one second and crooning the next.
Tom Vek performs at the Parklife Weekender, Manchester, on 9 June (parklife.uk.com). His single 'You'll Stay' is available on iTunes now
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories