Folk gigs of the week: Larkin Poe + Blair Dunlop, various venues
Friday 29 March 2013
Blair Dunlop is guitarist/singer in the new Albion Band, son of Ashley Hutchings and the boy who played young Willy Wonka to Johnny Depp's grown-up.
Larkin Poe are Rebecca and Megan Lovell, strikingly good singers, writers and players who recorded a fine album with Thom Hell, The Sound of the Ocean Sound. Their work on Dunlop's debut, Blight and Blossom, has led to a co-headline tour, where they'll play together and separately.
All Saints, Lewes (01273 486391; ) Tue; K College, Tonbridge (08000 858554; k-venue.co.uk) Wed; David Hall, South Petherton (01460 240340; thedavidhall.org.uk) Thur; Kings Place, London N1 (020 7520 1490; kingsplace.co.uk) Fri
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >