Jazz gig of the week: Wynton Marsalis
Ronnie Scott's, London W1
Friday 19 July 2013
The legendary US trumpeter, band leader and champion for jazz will play two sets a night across three nights, and the second show on Tuesday night will be streamed live in HD on the club's website - a first for Ronnie's, and a remote viewers' chance for those who didn't grab the tickets that sold out within hours to see the trumpeter with his quintet featuring saxophonist Walter Blanding and Dan Nimmer on Piano, and a rhythm section of bassist Carlos Henriquez and drummer Ali Jackson. If you can get inside the room, you'll be experiencing one of the London summer's hottest tickets.
020 7439 0747; ronniescotts.co.uk, Monday to Wednesday
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God