My Fantasy Band - Ebony Bones
Friday 24 April 2009
Vocals - Poly Styrene
The X-Ray Spex singer makes an amazing frontwoman. I would definitely put her braces back on so she had a gob full of metal. I'd also have the Pointer Sisters on backing vocals. They even sang on "Sesame Street"!
Guitar - André 3000
In a blatant attempt for sex appeal, I'd get a half-naked André 3000 from OutKast, oiled up in cocoa butter.
Bass - Bootsy Collins
Possibly one of my favourite bassists of all time. Apart from playing in Parliament-Funkadelic and with James Brown, he looks like an absolute madman.
Drums - Tony Allen
I saw Fela Kuti's drummer, Tony Allen, play recently in London at a private show and I was absolutely blown away. He was mesmerising.
Synths - Jools Holland
I'd challenge Jools Holland, take him away from his piano and give him some Justice-like synths. I also really love that song "Up The Junction" that he did with Squeeze. I love the first lyric: "I never though it would happen/ With me and the girl from Clapham", and I'm from Clapham so...
Ebony Bones's single, "The Muzik", is out on 11 May on Sunday Best
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland