My Fantasy Band - Ebony Bones
Friday 24 April 2009
Vocals - Poly Styrene
The X-Ray Spex singer makes an amazing frontwoman. I would definitely put her braces back on so she had a gob full of metal. I'd also have the Pointer Sisters on backing vocals. They even sang on "Sesame Street"!
Guitar - André 3000
In a blatant attempt for sex appeal, I'd get a half-naked André 3000 from OutKast, oiled up in cocoa butter.
Bass - Bootsy Collins
Possibly one of my favourite bassists of all time. Apart from playing in Parliament-Funkadelic and with James Brown, he looks like an absolute madman.
Drums - Tony Allen
I saw Fela Kuti's drummer, Tony Allen, play recently in London at a private show and I was absolutely blown away. He was mesmerising.
Synths - Jools Holland
I'd challenge Jools Holland, take him away from his piano and give him some Justice-like synths. I also really love that song "Up The Junction" that he did with Squeeze. I love the first lyric: "I never though it would happen/ With me and the girl from Clapham", and I'm from Clapham so...
Ebony Bones's single, "The Muzik", is out on 11 May on Sunday Best
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >