My Fantasy Band: Example
Friday 08 January 2010
Vocals and guitar - Jack White
He's one of my favourite artists of the last 10 years. I loved Horehound last year. He's got a really interesting voice and mind boggling lyrics.
Guitar - Serge Pizzorno
I've been a massive fan of Kasabian for ages. He's not the frontman, he writes everything and he's an amazing guitarist.
Bass - Krist Novoselic
I came on to Nirvana quite late but when I first heard 'Nevermind' it was mind-blowing.
Drums - Gene Krupa
He's a legendary drummer. For my 16th birthday I got a drum kit and a video of him playing. It was the different rhythms of jazz that really amazed me.
Keyboard - M J Cole
UK garage and 2-step was a massive influence for me in my late teens. M J Cole produced one of my songs for the album and when I saw what he could do on keys, it was astounding. My line-up is a mix of classic people and current people who've had a big influence on my songwriting.
Example's single "Won't Go Quietly" is released on 18 January. He plays Dingwalls, London, on 14 January
Arts & Ents blogs
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers