My Fantasy Band: Example
Friday 08 January 2010
Vocals and guitar - Jack White
He's one of my favourite artists of the last 10 years. I loved Horehound last year. He's got a really interesting voice and mind boggling lyrics.
Guitar - Serge Pizzorno
I've been a massive fan of Kasabian for ages. He's not the frontman, he writes everything and he's an amazing guitarist.
Bass - Krist Novoselic
I came on to Nirvana quite late but when I first heard 'Nevermind' it was mind-blowing.
Drums - Gene Krupa
He's a legendary drummer. For my 16th birthday I got a drum kit and a video of him playing. It was the different rhythms of jazz that really amazed me.
Keyboard - M J Cole
UK garage and 2-step was a massive influence for me in my late teens. M J Cole produced one of my songs for the album and when I saw what he could do on keys, it was astounding. My line-up is a mix of classic people and current people who've had a big influence on my songwriting.
Example's single "Won't Go Quietly" is released on 18 January. He plays Dingwalls, London, on 14 January
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate