My Fantasy Band: James Ford, Simian Mobile Disco
Friday 28 August 2009
Vocals - Ozzy Osbourne
Obviously he's an amazing frontman and is known for being pretty nuts but I think he's a really underrated writer, too. Some of the melodies on the earlier Black Sabbath records are incredible. I'd like him or R. Kelly to front this band.
Guitar - Graham Coxon
I saw Blur recently and I think he makes some wonderful noises. He manages to use a guitar not so much like a guitar.
Keyboard - Delia Derbyshire
She'd bring all her weird old synthesizers from her time at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and make lots of strange noises. She's best known for her work on the 'Doctor Who' theme tune and she's a proper hero of mine.
Bass - Bootsy Collins
He would bring a bit of madness to proceedings. He has that psychedelic something going on. He's the Jimi Hendrix of bass.
Drums - Christian Vander
He's from the band Magma. I saw them play once and he was amazing. He plays like a monster but he also sings in a language that he's made up, called Kobaïan.
Simian Mobile Disco's album Temporary Pleasure is out now. They tour the UK throughout September and October, for details go to www.simianmobiledisco.co.uk
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >