My Fantasy Band: James Morrison
Drums - Andy Newmark
He was the drummer on Sly and the Family Stone's album, 'Fresh', which is one of my favourite albums. All the drums on it are just amazing. He was a really young guy when that was made and I find his work really inspiring every time I listen to that record.
Guitar - Jimmy Page
I was going to go for Jimi Hendrix but he's a little bit unruly so I picked Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin because he can pretty much play anything and it will sound incredible.
Keyboards - Stevie Wonder
I don't like that many keyboard players, but I went for Stevie Wonder because he's written some of my favourite songs: "Maybe Your Baby", "Superstition", "Love's in Need of Love Today". His chords are amazing.
Bass - Nathan Watts
He plays all the bass on Stevie's albums; he's been playing with him since the Seventies. He's so good and it's not like it's easy stuff either. He can cover everything.
Vocals - Dan Auerbach
He's one half of The Black Keys and a sick blues, pop-rock, singer. Wouldn't it be amazing if he had his guitar too? If I could be in any band at the moment, it would be The Black Keys; they look like they're having so much fun.
James Morrison's new single, 'One Life', is out on March 26 (www.jamesmorrisonmusic.com)
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
SPOILERS: Do not read this if you have not seen series 5, episode 11 of ‘Made in Chelsea’ It’s hard ...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
Sir Paul McCartney's son James admits he didn't like Heather Mills and talks publicly for the first time about his struggle with drugs
It's not just Jay-Z and Kanye West: The beatification of hip-hop
Leah McFall favourite to win The Voice UK 2013
Film review: Man of Steel - Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a bit of a fudge
TV review: The White Queen is less historically plausible than Game of Thrones (despite being ostensibly true)
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
- 3 Anatomy of a waiter: Service staff spill the secrets of their trade
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for another 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria