My Fantasy Band: Mat Horne
Friday 30 July 2010
Vocals - Tim Booth
I'm a really big fan of James and think he has a really interesting male voice. I found that band completely enchanting and as a frontman he's quite odd and ethereal with a very strong vocal. I've always loved him, I think he's amazing. I saw them at the Royal Albert Hall, he looks as odd as ever.
Guitar - Graham Coxon
When I was a teenager I just wanted to be him. I always felt that he was never exercising his guitar abilities in Blur quite as much as he did in his solo work. He just looked really cool.
Bass - Carlos D
He's very tall and it's pretty amazing he's made such a name for himself when he's a bassist. Now he's left Interpol I have got no idea what he's up to but I'm sure he'll do something interesting. God knows what happened in that band.
Drums - Jack Savidge
Because he's a really lovely man, a really skilled drummer and he has one of those snake cymbals which is always fun. It's when they hang in a spiral almost like a slinky spring. When you hit them they quiver all the way from the top to the bottom.
Keyboards - Stuart Price
He has loads of guises, he does record producing, re-mixing, he's been known as a DJ as DJ Jacques Lu Cont, he had a band called Zoot Woman, another called Les Rythmes Digitales, in which he played synths in a white boiler suit. He's a complete genius.
Mat Horne DJs at the Underage Festival on Sunday (Underagefestivals.com)
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow