My Fantasy Band: Romeo Stodart, The Magic Numbers
Friday 07 November 2008
Vocals - Bob Marley
His voice really talks to you. I'd like it to be a harmony group with Stevie Nicks and Emmylou Harris on back-up vocals. They'd all sound pretty sweet together.
Guitar - Neil Young
He's been a huge influence on me. He has such an effortless way of playing and his style is so weird. No one plays likes him. He could just do his country thing.
Bass - Michele Stodart
I'd have my sister and bandmate, Michele, on bass. Michele is badass on the bass and if she knew I'd put together my fantasy band and not included her she'd probably kill me.
Drums - Bernard Purdie
He used to drum for people like Aretha Franklin and Marvin Gaye and on a ton of other Motown tracks but he's still going now. I'm kind of obsessed with him and watch endless clips of him on YouTube.
Piano - Tom Waits
He's not that flash on the piano but he makes it feel so homely. He reminds me of my grandmother when she used to play. He could entertain the crowd by telling stories in between songs. He looks dead cool, too.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly