New Year's Eve playlist
Tracks that will want to make you stay in this New Year's Eve. After all, that's what you really want to do...
Another year has rolled by and it’s time for the most overrated night of the year again.
Scroll to see the playlist
As you're forced into thinking you’re having the biggest night out of your life, you become all too aware of how little you are looking forward to welcoming in another year.
And how unfulfilled your past year has been.
For all those destined to drag themselves across the dancefloor as the third Avicii song of the night booms loud, look no further than our New Year’s Eve playlist.
Guaranteed to have no floor fillers (unless you count Prince’s “ 1999”), we bring you the New Year’s track titles for a different kind of NYE.
Perhaps you’d like to welcome in 2014 with Sufjan Steven’s lilting cover of “Auld Lang Syne,” the original Sugarbabes’ 2000 track “New Year”, or some choral music from The Cambridge Singers.
Or if the January blues have hit one day early, Johnny Otis’ “ Happy New Year, Baby” may be the perfect choice. If you’re considering giving up chasing women, whisky drinking and mistreating your girlfriend for New Year, that is.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter