One Minute With... Dev Hynes
Friday 22 May 2009
Where are you?
I'm in Atlanta, Georgia
What are you currently listening to?
The Moondog record "Sax Pax For A Sax". I'm trying to learn the lyrics! I've been asked to sing some songs from it at the Barbican as part of the Moondog commemorative show, so I'm trying to learn the lyrics!
Who is your favourite Band?
Oh man... that's tough...but I think I'll say Eminem.
If you could have written one song, which would it be?
"It's Like Heaven" by Spring.
What distracts you from work?
What doesn't distract me from work is the better question!
What did you want to be as a child?
A Broadway star or somebody who writes biographies.
Who is your greatest inspiration?
Nicole Michalek – Graphic Designer.
Is there a song that changed your life?
"There's A Light" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Who is your hero?
Peter Parker (Spider-Man).
The album 'Falling Off The Lavender Bridge' is out now. www.lightspeed champion.com
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do