One to watch: John Newman, singer, 22
Friday 24 May 2013
Is he tired of playing second fiddle? He scored a No 1 for Rudimental when he co-wrote and featured on their No 1 dance hit, "Feel the Love".
Now the Yorkshire-born soul singer releases his debut solo single, "Love Me Again", in July. It has already been named as BBC Radio 1's Hottest Record of the Week by DJ Zane Lowe. Newman used to make music in a studio under the stairs at home in Yorkshire . Now he's writing his album and living in London. Will he be a star?
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything