The Barometer: Lily Allen; Auto-tune; Revolutionary Road; Morrissey; Your Country Needs You; Cancellations
Friday 06 February 2009
New songs, new look, and top of the singles chart. We are loving the pop star's comeback and her soon-to-be-released album It's Not Me, It's You.
Because let's face it, without digital enhancement, Kanye West's singing is not so hot – as we learned from a recent Saturday Night Live.
Dream team Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are no disappointment, reunited in this adaptation of Richard Yates's novel.
...and what's not
Posing naked on the inside sleeve artwork for his excellent new single "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris".
Your Country Needs You
Andrew Lloyd Webber's new show to find our Eurovision contestant was one talent show too far.
West End theatres wimping out due to the bad weather, disappointing thousands of ticket-holders to Oliver!, Jersey Boys, Mamma Mia!, A Midsummer Night's Dream and more.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland