The Barometer: Luke Haines; Cant; Cate le Bon; Sufjan Stevens; RJLC; Japandroids
Friday 16 October 2009
Luke Haines 21st Century Man
Britain's most fearlessly offensive songwriter paints his jaw-dropping masterpiece for the 21st century.
From Grizzly Bear's bass player and producer Chris Taylor's new side project, "Ghosts" takes Beach Boys harmonies and twists them into something spooky.
Cate le Bon Digging Song
Welsh songstress strikes a chord with her debut album 'Me Oh My' and this little folky harmonica-fuelled song.
Sufjan Stevens Isorhythmic Night Dance with Interchanges
Neo-minimalist confection of fluttering woodwind and bustling brass from the oddball genius's latest project.
RJLC Another Day
Bubbling on the underground, this coming crooner tackles every day strife with the sweetest of melodies.
Japandroids Wet Hair
Before you catch this hotly tipped Vancouver duo when they play later this month, hear this addictive slice of lo-fi visceral punk energy.
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
JK Rowling's Harry Potter Halloween stories: Dolores Umbridge was based on real person she 'disliked intensely'
This is what a film sex scene actually looks like on set (mostly awkward)
Cumberbacklash: Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange riles Marvel fans
Best horror films of all time
Benedict Cumberbatch describes the 'explosive' Sherlock sex scene that will never happen
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything