The Barometer: Rage Against the Machine; Liars; Lightspeed Champion; Nite Funk; Laura Marling; Fucked Up
Friday 11 December 2009
Rage Against the Machine Killing In The Name
A campaign has kicked off to take on the "X Factor" Christmas single with this 1990s classic. We support the cause. It brings out the angry teenager in us all.
The art-rockers' intense new single starts quiet and then gets very loud. Either way, it's pretty good.
Lightspeed Champion Marlene
The first single from Dev Hynes's new album packs a punch with dramatic strings and 1970s guitar pop.
Nite Funk Am I Gonna Make It
Producer Dam-Funk and singer Nite Jewel get together for a sleek synth-funk trip back to the 1980s.
Laura Marling Goodbye England (Covered In Snow)
Marling's new song with smart lyrics over a spare guitar proves the "new folk" scene has still got legs.
Fucked Up Do They Know It's Christmas?
The Canadian punks take a charitable swipe at the Christmas favourite with the help of an all-star indie cast including GZA, Yo La Tengo, and David Cross.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >