The Barometer: Surfer Blood; Joanna Newsome; Caribou; Erykah Badu; Major Lazer; 50 Cent
Surfer Blood Swim (To Reach The End)
Reverb drenched and Lou Reed-flavoured, "Swim" justifies Surfer Blood's hype following support slots with The Drums.
Joanna Newsom Good Intentions Paving Company
The latest song to emerge from her forthcoming triple album is a bold and brilliant country-jazz piano jaunt.
From the Canadian producer's forthcoming album "Swim", this is sleek minimalist disco.
Erykah Badu Jump Up In The Air And Stay There
Neo-soul queen turned retro eccentric precedes the release of her next album with this grimey hip-hop body rocker featuring Lil Wayne and Bilal.
Major Lazer Halo
Fresh from her Grammy wins, Beyoncé gets a dancehall meets electro makeover from Diplo and friends.
50 Cent Many Men (Gonzales Piano RMX)
Canadian musical oddball Gonzales deploys his piano to rework 50 Cent with glorious results.
TV reviewGrace Dent: Jimmy McGovern's new drama sheds light on sex slavery in the colonies
Eurovision 2015Australian Idol winner unveiled as representative Down Under
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'