The Barometer: Surfer Blood; Joanna Newsome; Caribou; Erykah Badu; Major Lazer; 50 Cent
Surfer Blood Swim (To Reach The End)
Reverb drenched and Lou Reed-flavoured, "Swim" justifies Surfer Blood's hype following support slots with The Drums.
Joanna Newsom Good Intentions Paving Company
The latest song to emerge from her forthcoming triple album is a bold and brilliant country-jazz piano jaunt.
From the Canadian producer's forthcoming album "Swim", this is sleek minimalist disco.
Erykah Badu Jump Up In The Air And Stay There
Neo-soul queen turned retro eccentric precedes the release of her next album with this grimey hip-hop body rocker featuring Lil Wayne and Bilal.
Major Lazer Halo
Fresh from her Grammy wins, Beyoncé gets a dancehall meets electro makeover from Diplo and friends.
50 Cent Many Men (Gonzales Piano RMX)
Canadian musical oddball Gonzales deploys his piano to rework 50 Cent with glorious results.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland