The Barometer: Vampire Weekend; Dionne Bromfield; Bat For Lashes; Dead Man's Bones; Girls; Beastie Boys
Friday 09 October 2009
Vampire Weekend Horchata
The lead track from the Weekend's forthcoming second album is guitarless, percussive and light as air; lovely.
Dionne Bromfield Foolish Little Girl
The extra endorsement by godmother Amy Winehouse might have its pros and cons, but on her own accord, the retro vocals and sassy style is pretty impressive
Bat for Lashes Pearl's Dream (Skream remix)
Leading dubstep producer Skream works beats, synths and spacey magic on a track from Ms Khan's second LP.
Dead Man's Bones My Body's A Zombie For You
Actor Ryan Gosling is one half of this duo, but it's no mere vanity project; this song is rousing and beautiful.
Girls True Love Will Find You In The End
Hipster band of the moment Girls do a heartfelt and lovely acoustic cover of the Daniel Jonhston song..
Beastie Boys I Don't Know
With their 1998 album "Hello Nasty" re-released recently, it's a perfect moment to revisit this surprising acoustic gem with softly sung vocals by MCA.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >