The Playlist: 7 Days of Funk / Eminem / Splashh
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
7 Days of Funk - Faden Away
The lead track on a new LP from DâM-FunK and Snoop Dogg, this is a suitably smooth and funky slice of ultra-melodic soul. Snoop is credited on the record as “Snoopzilla” – a tribute to legendary funk bassist Bootsy “Bootzilla” Collins.
Eminem - Rap God
Released earlier this week, Eminem's third single in three months only goes to prove why he deserves his place among the greatest artists in hip hop history (pictured).
Splashh - Vacation
This is a standout track on the grungy Anglo/Antipodean band's recent debut album, “Comfort”. An excellent live act, their current European tour runs until the end of the month.
Angel Haze - Black Skinhead Freestyle
As part of a project to release a freestyle rap every day for a month, Haze tackles yet another track from Kanye West's recent album “Yeezus”.
Tom Aspaul - Indiana
The idea of yet another London-based singer-songwriter may not appeal, but there's a strong pop influence to Aspaul's synth-led lo-fi R'n'B that sets him apart from countless other bedsit balladeers.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >