The Playlist: Action Bronson / Cropper / Mogwai
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
The Queens-based rapper's 2011 collaboration with producer Party Supplies has clearly influenced this track for his second free LP, 'Blue Chips 2'. Bronson (pictured) has also teamed up with hipster bible 'VICE' to create a new cooking series.
Bristolian Niall Cropper makes dark, bass-driven house music. The track's defiant sampled refrain, 'I need a man/ Don't need a boy“ captures the unsettling atmosphere perfectly.
Taken from the band's new album, 'Rave Tapes', “Remurdered” is a complex track that deliberately replicates 80s and 90s-style basic music technology.
Kool FM (Container Refix)
Now on to his seventh full-length LP, Kieran Hebden continues to explore the boundaries of EDM. This jungle-influenced remix comes courtesy of Nashville-based musician and producer Ren Schofield.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Common words you're probably misusing: From 'enormity' to 'ultimately', 'gambit' to 'fortuitous'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up