The Playlist: And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead… / Mellowhype / Tame Impala / Still Corners / Deafhaven / Saturday Looks Good To Me
And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead…
The second release from the indie heavyweights' forthcoming eighth album, 'Lost Songs'. Despite the title, the LP is not an outtakes/oddities release; it features only new songs.
It's been a while since an OddFuture member dropped a new track, but on this beat-heavy number Left Brain and Hodgy Beats prove the collective packed with talent and ambition (above).
Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
A band going from strength to strength, Tame Impala are quickly shaking off their image as alt-rock also-rans. This track, from the 7-inch of the same name, showcases the band's biggest chorus yet.
The 'next big thing'-hype has died down since the release of their debut LP, but that has allowed the London band to focus on perfecting their take on expansive 80s-influenced synth-pop.
Punk Rock / Cody
The San Francisco-based black metal group cover two Mogwai tracks on their forthcoming split 12'' release with fellow goth rockers Bosse-de-Nage.
Saturday Looks Good To Me
Feel-good indie pop from a band that has been well and truly off the radar since the late Noughties.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy