The Playlist: Arcade Fire / Blood Orange / Twin Shadow
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
Sounding as ambitious as ever, Arcade Fire (below) leave folk-rock grandiosity behind them and move into a world of dark, epic disco.
Among the world's most exciting songwriters and producers at the moment, Dev Hynes returns to his day job with a track recalling his protégé Solange.
Old Love / New Love
Although George Lewis Jr has long flirted with the idea of the dance floor, this track is his first voyage into dance music itself.
It's been a while since MC Ride and crew put out something new, but this self-release (distributed via the band's Facebook page) is more than worth the wait.
The New Zealand teenager recently signed to Universal after becoming the first woman in 17 years to top Billboard's Alternative Songs chart. This is her first major label release.
Return from the Stars
The new single by eclectic Portland-based producer Paul Dickow is a moody, evocative, slow burner.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Common words you're probably misusing: From 'enormity' to 'ultimately', 'gambit' to 'fortuitous'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up