The Playlist: Azealia Banks/ Ty Segall/ Jessie Ware/ Dirty Beaches/ Egyptian Hip Hop/ Heems
Azealia Banks - Succubi
This may well be our first taste of Banks’s (very) long-awaited debut album. Coming hot on the heels of the ‘Fantasea’ mixtape, a slot on the ‘Broke With Expensive Taste’ LP seems likely.
Ty Segall - The Hill
The lead single from Segall’s third album is a rip-roaring punk rock’n’roll number reminiscent of early Supergrass.
Jessie Ware - Sweet Talk
Beautifully produced neo-soul that mixes Marvin Gaye’s smooth instrumentation with staccato beats to give it a thoroughly modern edge.
Dirty Beaches - Elizabeth’s Theme
Beaches’ latest track is fully stripped-down electronica with hints of Balearic chill-out. It also forms the first instalment of Kingfisher Blues Records’ new singles club.
Egyptian Hip Hop - SYH
EHH continue to prove their talent for spiking songs with soft psychedelia while refusing to let go of their pop sensibilities.
Heems - Killing Time
With his liberal use of an Echo & the Bunnymen sample, Heems’s brand of intelligent hip-hop is made all the more commercial.
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.