The Playlist: Nicki Minaj ft. Cassie / Hercules and Love Affair / Action Bronson / Deerhoof / Angel Haze / Doomsday
Nicki Minaj ft. Cassie
Forever flitting between street tough and pop star, "The Boys" sees Minaj's sugary sweet hooks interspersed with aggressive, bravado-oozing raps (below).
Hercules and Love Affair
This first new track since H&LA's disappointing second album is a true return to form. The disco influence and ear for a pop hook return.
The Albanian-American rapper continues to explore the bizarre place where serious hip hop meets serious cooking. This track even features a shout out to "lamb roasted with fennel".
Sexy, But Sparkling
An outtake from latest LP 'Breakup Song', this single appears on the latest instalment of Famous Class's Less Artists More Condos 7" series.
Cleaning Out My Closet
On this self-released track, which utilises the beat from the Eminem song of the same name, Haze opens up about the sexual abuse she suffered as a child.
Bring Down the Knife
GG Allin-esque death punk from Doomsday's self-titled debut EP – a six-songs-in-21-minutes blitzkrieg.
Art Piece taken off website amid 'severe security alert'
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
30,000 reasons why the rhetoric on immigrants claiming benefits can stop now