The Playlist: Solange; Holy Ghost!; Katy B
The songs that are hot on our playlist this week
Solange ft Kendrick Lamar
Looks Good with Trouble
Beyoncé's hipster sister (pictured) has confirmed she will put out a full-length LP later this year. For now, there's this new track; Solange's first release since the excellent 'True' EP.
Dumb Disco Ideas
A video for this new single – the lead track off forthcoming “comeback” album 'Dynamics' – was released to blogosphere acclaim last week.
What Love Is Made Of
Toning down the “edgy” dubstep influences of 'On a Mission', Katy B settles for house piano loops and subtle rave synths on this potential commercial breakthrough.
Queens of the Stone Age
Always beneath the mainstream – too weird, too dark – you get the impression QotSA are happy their chart-bothering days are over.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote