The Word On... Blues Funeral, Mark Lanegan Band
Friday 10 February 2012
"The singer has done something few probably expected of him at this point: made a blatant and lackluster attempt to keep up with the times... Lanegan's voice may be timeless, but its versatility has its limits – and 'Blues Funeral' tests those limits just a little too much." avclub.com
"Some might find Lanegan's all-encompassing dour nature too much over the course of an entire album but ultimately it's impossible not to get swept away by the emergency room blues of "Leviathan", or the electro-swamp-psychedelia thrum of "Tiny Grain of Truth"." musicomh.com
"'Blues Funeral''s open-door policy sees Lanegan stirring together electronica, processed beats, spaghetti Westerns, southern '60s soul, folk and all-out sonic onslaughts to blend his most satisfying and heady brew to date." thequietus.com
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
North London meets The Exorcist in eerie suburban drama
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 Russell Brand backs Ed Miliband: 'You gotta vote Labour'
- 4 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
In defence of liberal democracy
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils