The Word On... Bobby Womack, The Bravest Man In The Universe
Saturday 16 June 2012
"It may not be quite a masterpiece [but] it is unquestionably a great achievement. Weaknesses are so few and far between they barely even register." - bbc.co.uk/music
"He's showing signs of age – his voice is etched and weathered – but he sounds undiminished." - allmusic.com
"Showcases a dogged, relentless talent triumphing in the face of, rather than simply because of, his collaborators." - musicomh.com
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Watch X Factor's Chloe Jasmine Whichello in her first 2006 audition: 'She's every parent's worst nightmare'
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'