The Word On... Cheryl, A Million Lights
Saturday 23 June 2012
"There are sparks of good pop music there, but it just needs some more oomph."
"The infrequent flurries of sincerity provide the standout moments... 'A Million Lights' works well, and it works now – largely, it's a scrapbook of 2012 trends."
"Previous Cole efforts felt like a brace of singles bolstered up by an entourage of pretenders; here, there's a genuine six or so tracks that sound like potential radio smashes."
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.