The Word On... Jack White, Blunderbuss
Saturday 28 April 2012
"The brooding guitar line at the heart of 'Freedom at 21', and the typically Jack solo that follows it, the juxtaposition of acoustic guitars and violent wordplay of 'Love Interruption', and the piano-led shuffle of 'Hip (Eponymous) Poor Boy' all rank among White's best moments." - thisisfakediy.com
"It's a comfortable shoe of a record, a distillation of everything he's done during the past decade." - spin.com
"On the whole, the album performs the tricky task of updating White's musical aesthetic without euthanising its primal nature." - avclub.com
Arts & Ents blogs
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.