The Word On... Red Hot Chili Peppers, I'm With You
Friday 02 September 2011
"Much like Bono — who donned his old black leather suit from the early '90s on U2's latest tour — Kiedis and Flea have a vested financial interest in playing roles they've long outgrown. But as the forgettable 'I'm With You' shows, there's adifference between surviving and thriving." avclub.com
"The single 'The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie' exemplifies the Chilis' main problem here: a promising set of verses marred by a plodding, nothing chorus... 'I'm With You' is a solid, decent enough tenth album, but it's far from vital." bbc.co.uk/music
"What hurts 'I'm With You' is what has plagued the last few Chili Peppers releases: Kiedis' vocal tones... Lyrically, he may be sharper, but melodically he comes off as increasingly predictable." consequenceofsound.net
TVJamie's Sugar Rush reveal's campaigning chef's new foe
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees