The Word On... Sounds from Nowheresville, The Ting Tings
Friday 02 March 2012
"Neither the Klaxons-style second-album catastrophe that seemed likely, nor the step forward into pop greatness that once seemed possible. It's fun, but not a lot to show for four years' work. If the duo wants to live up to that initial promise, they will need to up their game and their work-rate." bbc.co.uk/music
"Rather more of a mish-mash of different ideas that have varying success rates... The variety of styles shows potential avenues for The Ting Tings to amble down. But, even after the painfully slow gestation of this record, they still seem undecided on which one to take." musicomh.com
"Much of the album either grates or bores... You have to wonder what they've exactly been doing during these years. As a result, we'd rather be anywhere than nowhere." thisisfakediy.co.uk
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage