The Word On... Sounds from Nowheresville, The Ting Tings
Friday 02 March 2012
"Neither the Klaxons-style second-album catastrophe that seemed likely, nor the step forward into pop greatness that once seemed possible. It's fun, but not a lot to show for four years' work. If the duo wants to live up to that initial promise, they will need to up their game and their work-rate." bbc.co.uk/music
"Rather more of a mish-mash of different ideas that have varying success rates... The variety of styles shows potential avenues for The Ting Tings to amble down. But, even after the painfully slow gestation of this record, they still seem undecided on which one to take." musicomh.com
"Much of the album either grates or bores... You have to wonder what they've exactly been doing during these years. As a result, we'd rather be anywhere than nowhere." thisisfakediy.co.uk
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Jay Z fights lawsuit over use of oh in 'Run This Town'
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams cast in Channel 4 drama about cyber bullying
Downton Abbey: Liam Neeson wants role as stableman in period drama
Star Wars 7 leaked photo of Adam Driver changes everything
The Walking Dead season 5 synopsis: Spoilers and existential questions revealed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'