The Word On... Tinchy Stryder, Catch 22
Friday 21 August 2009
"Generally Stryder's straight solo tunes simply don't compare to the samples or collaborations that make up exactly half of his album. It's not that they're a complete flop, it's just that they're noticeably not his stronger moments."
- Laura Nineham, dro wnedinsound.com
"Some of the grit and hunger has been compromised in favour of a more radio-friendly sound... an enjoyable listen, which radiates positivity and fun. While hardly an innovative concept, Tinchy's light-hearted lyrics can't help but make you smile." - 3threatmedia. wordpress.com
"I must admit that it's better than I thought it would be... it feels like Tinchy abandoned his "Prince of Grime" title for this one, because this album has no grime feeling; it's more of a pop, R&B and club mash-up. However it did work well." - keepitpervish. wordpress.com
"'Catch 22' is held together by an irrepressible sense of excitement, honesty and fun... some may bemoan his move into the mainstream, but 'Catch 22' is ample evidence that Tinchy Stryder was never destined to remain on the periphery." - digitalspy.co.uk
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage