The Word On... Tinchy Stryder, Catch 22
Friday 21 August 2009
"Generally Stryder's straight solo tunes simply don't compare to the samples or collaborations that make up exactly half of his album. It's not that they're a complete flop, it's just that they're noticeably not his stronger moments."
- Laura Nineham, dro wnedinsound.com
"Some of the grit and hunger has been compromised in favour of a more radio-friendly sound... an enjoyable listen, which radiates positivity and fun. While hardly an innovative concept, Tinchy's light-hearted lyrics can't help but make you smile." - 3threatmedia. wordpress.com
"I must admit that it's better than I thought it would be... it feels like Tinchy abandoned his "Prince of Grime" title for this one, because this album has no grime feeling; it's more of a pop, R&B and club mash-up. However it did work well." - keepitpervish. wordpress.com
"'Catch 22' is held together by an irrepressible sense of excitement, honesty and fun... some may bemoan his move into the mainstream, but 'Catch 22' is ample evidence that Tinchy Stryder was never destined to remain on the periphery." - digitalspy.co.uk
Arts & Ents blogs
'The Full Monty' stage play to close in West End after only a month - despite Olivier Awards nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is really not so bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past cut down to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli says she wants to see more male nudity in the show
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers