The word on...future this,the big pink
Friday 20 January 2012
"The Big Pink's insistence on keeping their amplifiers and ambition turned all the way up to 11 for the length of "Future This" makes for a decidedly dull listen and one that'll leave many fans hoping that the band will scale things back for album number three." consequenceofsound.net
"The tunes aren't as memorable or, in some cases, are arguably born out of consolidating that debut album success. Welcome to Difficult Second Album syndrome." bbc.co.uk/music
"To be commended for flaunting, gloriously, that most un-hipster of qualities: unselfconscious enthusiasm... Besides anything, the prospect of a chart-topping pop band with a bohemian background (well, they know people like that) is something to be glad for in January." thequietus.com
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Doctor Who, Time Heist, review: Keeley Hawes is marvellous but the Doctor is the real villain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God