Two free CDs
30 years of Stiff Records
Monday 21 January 2008
The Independent is giving away two 10-track CDs celebrating 30 years of Stiff Records, the original and (arguably) the best indie record label.
Volume 1 is free in The Independent on Saturday 26 January.
Volumes 2 is free in The Independent on Sunday 27 January.
This weekend. Only in The Independent
1. Madness - Baggy Trousers (Live)
2. Ian Dury and The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (Live)
3. Kirsty MacColl - A New England
4. The Belle Stars - Sign Of The Times
5. Department S - Is Vic There?
6. Chris Difford - Come On Down
7. Jona Lewie - You’ll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties
8. Tracey Ullman - Breakaway
9. Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin - It’s My Party
10. Desmond Dekker - The Israelites
1. The Damned - New Rose (Live)
2. Lene Lovich - Home
3. Theatre Of Hate - Do You Believe In The Westworld?
4. Kirsty MacColl - They Don’t Know
5. Wreckless Eric - Whole Wide World
6. Tenpole Tudor - Swords Of A Thousand Men
7. Rachel Sweet - B.A.B.Y.
8. The Members - Solitary Confinement
9. Nick Lowe - Heart Of The City
10. King Kurt - Destination Zulu Land
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
Game of Thrones: Visit the real-life kingdom of Westeros to see where violent history ends and telly tourism begins
Sherlock series 4: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have to be 'persuaded' to return, says Steven Moffat
London Marathon: Best running songs from Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar to 'Uptown Funk'
A victory for gender equality on the high seas
Oldest footage of London landmarks released
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election