Video: Jessie Ware performs acoustic session at The Independent's offices
Friday 22 February 2013
Staff at The Independent were given a rare treat on a chilly Friday afternoon when Mercury and Brit award-nominated singer Jessie Ware performed an impromptu acoustic gig at our offices.
The 28-year-old singer joked she was going to “sing very slowly” as she was only there to perform two tracks before giving impressive renditions of “Wildest Moments” and “Running” with a guitar accompaniment.
Fresh from the Brit Awards on Wednesday night Jessie’s appearance at Northcliffe House, High Street Kensington (also home to our stablemates the Evening Standard, Daily Mail and Metro) is unlikely to have been the singer’s most glamorous booking of the week.
She had been brought to us by the people of streaming service Spotify to promote their premium service and spent a good hour chatting to journalists on the sofas and being gawped at as we ran to and fro to the canteen for coffee and sandwiches.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >