US singer, rapper, and record producer Kanye West dominates the Last.fm singles chart for the second consecutive week with five tracks in the top ten. Other top artists in the week of November 28 include Rihanna, Katy Perry, Florence and the Machine, and The xx.
Released November 22, West's fifth studio album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, has reached number one on album charts in the US and Canada. Five of the album's tracks are in the week's top ten on Last.fm, with the song "Dark Fantasy" in the number one slot with 35,693 listeners. "All of the Lights" drops into third place with 34,082 listeners, while "All of the Lights (Interlude)" remains in fourth with 29,976 listeners.
British band Florence and the Machine moved up four slots into the number six position last week for the re-released single "Dog Days Are Over." The single is part of the band's 2009 album Lungs, which reached number one on the UK album chart and remained in the charts there for 28 consecutive weeks. The album is one of the best-selling albums of 2009 and 2010 in the UK.
Last.fm's top tracks for November 28 through December 5:
1. Kanye West - "Dark Fantasy" (35,693 listeners)
2. Rihanna - "Only Girl (In the World)" (35,370 listeners) (+1)
3. Kanye West - "All of the Lights" (34,082 listeners) (-1)
4. Kanye West - "All of the Lights (Interlude)" (29,976 listeners)
5. Katy Perry - "Firework" (27,735 listeners) (+2)
6. Florence and the Machine - "Dog Days Are Over" (25,594 listeners) (+4)
7. Kanye West - "Hell of a Life" (29,832 listeners) (+43)
8. Katy Perry - "Teenage Dream" (24,708 listeners)
9. Kanye West - "Who Will Survive in America" (22,764) (-3)
10. The xx - "Crystalised" (22,481 listeners) (-1)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for users in the UK, the US, and Germany; elsewhere, a subscription costs €3.00 per month. Using a system called "scrobbling," Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to through the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.