British rock band Radiohead dominates the Last.fm singles chart the week of February 13, taking the top eight slots with tracks from the band's just-released eighth album, The King of Limbs. Also on the chart are Lady Gaga and Arcade Fire.
Radiohead self-released its widely anticipated album online last Friday - and all eight tracks from the album claim top spots in the chart. The track "Bloom" takes number one with 75,377 listeners, while "Lotus Flower" takes second place with 70,446 listeners for the week. The band also released a black-and-white video of "Lotus Flower" on its website, featuring lead singer Thom Yorke coiffed with a bowler hat, dancing and miming alone. "Little by Little" is in third position with 70,395 listeners.
Lady Gaga's new single "Born This Way," released on February 11, drops five slots to ninth position with 42,445 listeners. The song is the first single and title track from her upcoming album, due for release on May 23. Canadian rock band Arcade Fire also claims a spot in the chart, with the hit "Ready to Start" climbing ten slots to tenth place.
Last.fm's top tracks for February 13 through 20:
1. Radiohead - "Bloom" (75,377 listeners)
2. Radiohead - "Lotus Flower" (70,446 listeners)
3. Radiohead - "Little by Little" (70,395 listeners)
4. Radiohead - "Feral" (68,484 listeners)
5. Radiohead - "Codex" (67,570 listeners)
6. Radiohead - "Morning Mr. Magpie" (66,641 listeners)
7. Radiohead - "Give Up the Ghost" (64,071 listeners)
8. Radiohead - "Separator" (62,813 listeners)
9. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way" (42,445 listeners) (-5)
10. Arcade Fire - "Ready to Start" (38,753 listeners) (+10)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for desktop computer users in the UK, the US, and Germany; mobile devices require a subscription of €3 a month to stream music.
Using a system called "scrobbling," Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to through the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.
Watch Radiohead's new clip for "Lotus Flower": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8&feature