Iron Maiden booked for Roskilde 2011
Heavy metal band Iron Maiden is the first act to be confirmed for the 2011 edition of Denmark's Roskilde Festival, set to take place from June 30 through July 3.
Iron Maiden is acknowledged as one of the most successful heavy metal bands in history, with more than 100 million albums sold worldwide. The British band previously played Roskilde in 1991, 2000, and 2003, and will visit the 2011 festival while on tour in support of its 15th studio album The Final Frontier, which hit number one on charts in 27 countries.
Denmark's Roskilde Festival is one of the largest music festivals in Europe, with an estimated 80,000 concertgoers annually and more than 180 performing acts.
The 2011 edition will run from June 30 through July 3, with a warm-up scheduled from June 26 through 29. A limited number of tickets were available over the summer: the next round will go on sale on December 1.
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.